Monday 11 August 2008

Monday 11th August

It has been an eventful couple of weeks with some urgent orders and quotes to get through, I also finally put all the emails waiting for answers (yes I know there are some of you who have been very patient, thank you) in a single folder for my special attention. There are loads of you wanting advice and several who I officially call "fans" and I am flattered on a daily basis by you all. It really can lift my spirits sometimes when they are struggling to cope. I think I have it all under control now, the showroom is done and I have put in some lighting at last even though I am waiting for some electricians to do some magic with the plugs, so I have made some temporary measures. At least I have light on the glass now and it makes such a difference. To be honest, these are just cheap little clip on lights so hopefully customers see the glass and not what lights it up perfectly adequately. Do you know I am really looking forward to putting Christmas decorations up....ok ok I am sorry....

I played a golf match for the club yesterday and whilst playing just had the joy of spring in my step. My mixed partner and I (apologies for those who do not play golf) played greensomes and after leading just about all the way lost on the last hole. We had to give away 4 shots, shooting 81 gross against our opposition who shot 80. C'est la vie, but what a game!!! We all played under handicap. I play off 18 now, my lowest handicap was 13, long back in the good old days in Africa, when we used to play on average 3 times a week, sigh, in the sunshine, with caddies, sigh. I have decided that is not even a challenge, here is where you really learn to play golf!

It is coming up to Cambridge Glass fair time again, gulp, so little time, lots of ideas in my head, 21st September is the date. Get there if you can it is an awesome event.

As you can see by my little "ticker" on the left there, I am doing ok in my GI diet. I do not feel weak which is always a good sign. It is an excellent diet and really works. One thing for sure.....I have been SOOOO hungry. I spread my allocated food across the day for when I am desperate and go to bed as soon as I start feeling a little too hungry after supper, because basically there is NO MORE to eat until tomorrow. We really do eat too much and it works to be a grazer of good things. So don't put anything in your tummy that was not recently growing or breathing...honestly.

I will leave you with a picture....a recent commission of a Kudu on a crystal ice bucket. The Kudu is on the front and the Msasa tree on the back, completely hand engraved. Total cost to customer £150.00 for those who may like something similar.

Keep well, eat properly (no more than one glass of good Aussie red each night).


No comments: