Tuesday 16 December 2008

16 December 2008



Once again Harrods was an experience which words cannot describe, it is so much fun, whilst being very concentrated work, and the people are just gorgeous!! The setting, the aromas, being in one of my favourite departments of cosmetics and perfumes of course! I worked both Saturday and Sunday staying over night in a fabulous hotel a short walk away who decided to upgrade me to a luxury suite...!!?? I was so exhausted it was hard to take it all in, but what an absolute treat with my lounge and staires down to the HUGE bedroom, 2 TVs, bar and snacks, too much to mention!! So I am very grateful to them! It will be sad to have to stay in a little single bed room next time ;-)

I had a grand selection of perfumes to engrave, some quite challenging. But there were usually ways and means...I had one Arab lady who wanted some arabic writing engraved, so I drew up some lines on the bottle for her and got her to write as neat as she can with my pen onto the bottle, I then engraved over her writing and added a couple of hearts as requested, it looked amazing! It is always a delight to see the customers faces when they see the bottles completed.


It is still to be confirmed whether I will be there again this weekend as I have still so much work to do in my workshop.
In the mean time it has been a week since my son left, I simply cannot believe it! They are now in Zimbabwe for a short visit, that is hard to believe too and hard to stomach so I try not to think about it. I don't think it has actually hit me yet that he is not going to come strolling into the lounge in the morning any more....luckily I have been too busy to get a chance to.








Happy Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: