Wednesday 29 July 2009

classical crystal flutes


Well have I had flu of the curley tail variety or just normal??? Who knows, but it has hit me hard and is VERY annoying. I did take 1 and a half days off, but that was it, (when I did have a fever). But now a sort of horrible head cold is lingering. Best part is I have no appetite and therefore it is very easy to stick to my diet ;-) I have no sense of smell, very interesting.

I have a folder with several emails waiting to be answered (as in quotes and enquiries) and another folder full of engravers questions. The pressure is on to make a serious engraving DVD just on the basics of engraving. I need time...and also I have to wait till the nails on my right hand grow as lusciously as those on my left, have been using them far too much as tools (picking tape off sandblasted glasses, unpacking endless boxes of glass etc etc..) I can't make a DVD with grotty nails!!

I have several tricky, challenging and fun orders to do, as you can see above is one I am in the middle of, this has been an extreme challenge in computer graphics (well for me anyway) using Serif PhotoPlus X2 , Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 and CorelDRAW X4......to transform and create the music artwork, each glass has different music. I will now be adding more lettering on both the body and the base. I am sandblasting these sumptuous Dartington Crystal Celebration Flutes and will touch up any areas by hand that require it at the end.

Another "beut" lined up is a gorgeous decanter with a fine green tint inside. The customer wants large styalised waves going round, mmm I like this idea.

As soon as I have posted this I will be answering the emails in the "quotes to do" folder!!! If any of you reading this are waiting for answers, once again apologies to those who have been waiting, I usually try and keep it to only a couple of days.

Well keep healthy and drink lots of water......and exercise. Muscles Must Move.

No comments: