Tuesday 25 August 2009

million giraffes and engraved glass



Well it has become a habit when I get to work in the morning, it is a fun and cheerful start to the day....just to have a look at a few of the new giraffes, thanks to Ola and his awesome website/blog! When you think that every possible version of a giraffe has been done...there are many more, you must take a look and you must make/draw you own, or get your kid or granny to. It is such fun!!! Naturally my Gerry would have been quite upset if I hadn't sent him in and now he is there playing with all the other giraffes! I had to send one with the working process shown as intially they were not sure it was made by me....you are not allowed to buy or use a computer. The rules are simple. So please help this guy get to his million pictures in the time that is set. It costs nothing and is just good clean fun!
http://olahelland.net/giraffes/


As per usual I have been inundated with work.....I took this photo to show you that I don't have any fancy cleaner machines for post sandblasting cleaning off, it is very basic old bucket of hot water and I do it all myself along with everything else concerned with running an engraving business, hence I have not been able to answer many of the emails I get from all over the world about engraving techniques. I know I keep going on about this, but I have simply not got the time at the moment. I also have a fair amount of quotes to get through and I apologise to those who are waiting patiently, I will get to you ASAP.
(4 waiting to be despatched and 4 just arrived...showroom accommodating overflow)

I have to take a careful look now at what I take on in the next couple of weeks as with what I already have on the books alongside the Cambridge Glass Fair on 27 Sept which I have to do some serious engraving for....I also have the possibility of the "big job" quote being accepted. This is supposed to be around mid September, it is a waiting game now.

I know I talk about golf a lot, it is essential for me to do this otherwise I would get stale in my workshop. I have another great day on Thursday when we will have our ladies Invitation day, I am looking forward to that, I have been working weekends , so it is not like I am skiving ;-) when you have your own business there is no such thing as set working hours!

I am glad I have caught up with you a bit....must get on with it now.

“The purpose to life is a life of purpose” Robert Bryne

No comments: