Wednesday 24 September 2008

24th September 2008 - Cambridge Glass Fair

(Photo by Kim Thrower)


Cambridge Glass fair was pretty hectic, a glamorous and sparkling affair, I wish I had more time to browse around the many beautiful stalls and exhibitions and in fact demonstrations, do you know they had a glass blowing demo all day, with huge furnace (on a trailer) and all!!! I did not get to see more than a couple of minutes....I had to make sure I didn't miss anyone at my stand. It was a quiet day for me, although I got to see loads of oldies ....;-)....and met plenty of interesting new people. I just love it! I had a visit from an old friend of mine, Helen J from Zimbabwe, it was great too see you Helen!!
Here is my stand including the demonstration area, yes I was engraving practically all day. I hope that this at least intrigued the people who watched.
It was lovely to see Kim Thrower there again, with his pretty floral engravings on one of my favourite crystal names, Dartington!...well what else?!! Check out his blog HERE.
Here is another photo of the showroom, it will be in our local newspaper with a feature in a couple of weeks.


No comments: