Saturday 14 September 2024

It has been a while!! ...and my website is down again!

 Well life has zoomed by and I am now revisiting my blog simply because I am so tired of the troubles and costs of a website. It is down at the moment as the host has migrated or something along those lines....and I have some gobbldegook instructions of what I am supposed to do, which I do NOT understand.

How important is a website these day I wonder?

Anyway, my Patreon teaching channel is still going strong and I make and post 3 videos every month. It is hard graft but I really enjoy it.  Patreon have added a new feature now and that is to be able to sell a post. SO...my first trial of this is to offer the two videos below. They are subjects that stump lots of new engravers. They are $3 each. Of course if you wait for 7+ months I may release them to the public on my YouTube channel  as I do most of my engraving videos. Your choice.


I took a break last week to go on our annual golf tour with several friends donw in Devon, Ashbury Manor. Absolutely wonderful as always!

This year I was delighted  and honoured to once again be asked to engrave the trophies for the Heveningham Concours. A wonderful event with a spread of spectacular cars and planes.

 
I have had several teaching sessions of the most basic form of glass engraving to people who have never engraved glass before. Within an hour each had successfully engraved a small coaster or drinking glass. So much fun!! 
Let me know if you would like me to come and entertain your guests! email lespyke@live.co.uk



Lots of the usual types of engraving orders simple sandblasting and also the more complex hand engraving.

 

I have also been laser engraving this year (NOT GLASS!!!!!!!!!) It has been a lot of fun experimenting on various materials, wood, leather, slate and even denim!

I was sent the XTOOL M1   in exchange for a couple of videos. 

Contact me if you have a creative gadget you would like me to review. email lespyke@live.co.uk